Suggest some treatment for ibd and crohn's disease?

My 15 yr old son has classic symptoms of IBD/crohns. why cant he receive treatment that puts the disease in remission without the scopes?
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Crohn's Disease
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 23 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

The scopes are to make a confirmed diagnosis ma'am. But, if you wish to start on treatment, you need to first learn about the treatment approach of IBS, which includes 3 parts.
1. Controlling an attack
2. Preventing an attack
3. Maintaining an unaggravated state

Medication to control an aggravated state include:
-Anti-spasmodics (eg. mebeverine, dicyclomine, hyoscyamine, etc.)
-Anti-diarrheal, if he has diarrhea (eg. loperamide)

Once his symptoms are controlled, you will have to learn more about point number 3, as mentioned above. If you wish to know more about this, you could write back to me.

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any more information or clarifications. I would love to help. Wishing your son a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.