Suggest some cream for oily skin

Jul 2012

i have a very oily skin plz let me know any cream for it to heal im very upset with this
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 11 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
At your age, more than creams systemic isotretinoin (oral) tabs may help you but they will require the prescription from a dermatologist near you & some blood tests et al before starting the same. If from Bangalore, you may come over to my clinic anytime; if from elsewhere, do let me know & i can direct you to a suitable dermatologist near you.
If you do not wish tablets & are keen on a cream, first use Acneaid soap twice/three times daily & leave on contact with your skin for 5-10 mts each time & then use a local 5% glycolic acid peeling agent that will help take away the oil.
Am sure these can be got OTC sans prescription.
Good Luck either path you choose!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Follow-up: Suggest some cream for oily skin 24 minutes later
thanks fr that instant reply i dont mind having tablets also could you suggest me some, i dnt hav any plan to met a docter right now for this can you suggest me any tablets or creams plz
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX,
I have suggested both overleaf.
The tabs require a prescription & needs a doc visit & you dont seem keen so that is out.
Go with the soap i recommended & use any 5% or 10% glycolic acid based cream that your pharmacist will help you with as these things are realtive.
Cheers & trust this helps.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD