Suggest remedy for weight gain and is 'lean mass weight gainer' a safe option?

May 2013
Hey doc! Im 21 years old, im 5' 9 inches tall and I weigh 57kgs right now, im very skinny and it would be really nice if youd give me some advice on how to gain weight, im thinking of trying a lean mass weight gainer..
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: diet, exercise Detailed Answer: Hi, The ideal weight for the height is, height in cms - 100. According to your height, your weight should be around 72 kgs. The weight should be increased gradually. Better to plan1 to 2 kgs of weight gain in a month. For this you have to increase 250 to 500 calories intake per day. Following steps may possibly help you. -Dividing the diet into three main meals and two snacks. -Concentrate on denser foods. Like : Proteins containing foods like chicken, fish, boiled soy beans, peanuts, boiled eggs etc. Supplements like protenex powder etc can help. Adding more unrefined healthy oils like olive, coconut, palm oil etc. Adding butter, toast etc to diet. Carbohydrates in the form of whole bread with jam, honey, butter etc. Fruits like banana, apples, pears, dry fruits etc. Vegetables like potatoes, carrots, corns, peas etc. Protein shakes, juices, whole milk etc. But some foods like packed snaks, processed meat, diet sodas etc should be avoided. Exercises also play role in increasing the weight. With trainer's guidance to weight lifting exercises. This will help in increasing muscle mass. Commercial weight gaining products may not give that much success as expected. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Suggest remedy for weight gain and is 'lean mass weight gainer' a safe option? 5 minutes later
Thank you! But the problem is, I've been into sport since I was 14... I did a lot of swimming then and now in college I play football everyday for 1 hour, I have very slim wrists and arms, and I eat way more than my friends do.. I still can't gain weight.. Also is masturbation a cause for loss? I make sure I have non beg everyday and I also smoke cigarettes
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: nicotine increases energy expenditure Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually masturbation will not affect the body weight. Nicotine in the cigarettes can lead to increased energy expenditure and decreased appetite. This can lead to lower body weight sometimes. So, better to stop smoking. Consult local physical trainer once and concentrate on specific exercises that will increase muscle mass of arms. Take care.