Suggest remedy for one sided body pain while sleeping during pregnancy

Hello Doctor, History: TWINS and 4th month of pregancy When she [My wife] sleeps on right side of the body then pain start above the abdoman and below chest. Frequency : mostly after lunch and dinner . Thanks, XXXX
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Left lateral turn is better Detailed Answer: Hi I suggest your wife to turn to left lateral side while sleeping. I also suggest to remain upright for at least one hour after meal. The food that is taken will at least take one hour and half to pass off from the stomach. The discomfort is mainly experienced after the meal. The above two measures should help.
Follow-up: Suggest remedy for one sided body pain while sleeping during pregnancy 50 minutes later
Thanks doctor! I hope that will help her to reduce the pain. Also can you please suggest on major points/factors that we need to take care in case of TWINS? Diet, Medicines and exersizes or any more that you think we should follow on that. Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Though high risk it is common Detailed Answer: Hi, They are easily manageable now with the advent of technology. You should have more frequent antenatal appointments and ultrasound scans than usual. Your doctor shall cautiously check for certain complications associated while scans and antenal exams. Nuchal defects, if they share same placenta, down syndrome preeclampsia, diabetes etc. You may have back pain so you need to be cautious about exercises and diet plan. Please see a dietitian and physiotherapist for exercises. Let me know if you have more queries