Suggest remedies for neck pain

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hello I’ve been experiencing some neck pain and was referred to get information on isometric exercises for it. Can you help me with this ?
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do exercises regularly.

Detailed Answer:
ISOMETRIC EXERCISES: These can help you f done properly and regularly.
Do not hold your breath as you do these. For each exercise press for 5-6 counts, then relax.
- Press your forehead into your palms. Resist any motion.
- Press your hand against the side of your head.Resist any motion.
- Press both hands against back of your head. Try to pull your head up.Resist any motion.
- Press your head against your temple. Try to turn your chin to your shoulder. Resist any motion.
You can do these exercises 5 times each twice a day.
Correct sitting posture:
- Support your back.
- Adjust your chair height so that you can use the keyboard with your wrists and forearms straight and level with the floor.
- Rest your feet on floor.
- Place your screen at eye level.
- Place your keyboard in front of you when typing. Leave a gap of about four to six inches at the front of the desk to rest your wrists between bouts of typing.
- Position and use the mouse as close to you as possible.
- Your screen should be glare-free.
Yoga and physiotherapy is useful in curing this.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal