Suggest remedies for fever

Question
I spiked a fever of 101.4 last Thursday night with no symptoms of illness. Just chills, shaking and fever. It took 2 Tylenol 650 mg (taken about 3 hours apart) to bring it down to 99.7. I went to sleep and when I woke up it was normal and has been so ever since. I am 86 and this episode is worrying me a bit. Should I contact my doctor tomorrow or wait to see if it happens again?
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A self limited viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am , I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but since you were suffering from low grade fever , then most probably was caused by a viral infection . Viral infections are usually self limited in an average time of three days .. so, since you have not developed any other symptoms and have not developed another episode of fever since Thursday then there is no need to worry and no need for further investigations or treatments.. I hope I answered your question. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion.