Suggest remedies for cough along with fever

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Question
had a bout of bad cough and high fever cbc report says wbc9000 , neutrophils 69 lymphocytes 18 monocytes 11 . cough is still present after 20 days no fever only cough x ray report is clear please suggest
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be viral.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, it seems that your symptoms can be due to viral infection.
I would suggest that you should get yourself clinically examined by your doctor for chest auscultation. Also get a throat swab culture done.
You can take an antihistamine like levocetrizine 5 mg once a day. Steam inhalation will be helpful.
Further medical management can be planned according to the clinical evaluation by your doctor and report of the above mentioned investigation.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.