Suggest ointment or cream for irritation on foreskin

Apr 2014

Hi there, I have a small irritation on a part of my foreskin (interior) and quite a bit of smegma in the mornings / evenings... The rash is itchy and my foreskin is slightly red but the feeling isn't constant. It's been going on for about 4 months and it hasn't gotten any worse. Still, I should probably see a dermatologist but I'd just like to check if there are any ointments / creams that I could use without prescription beforehand! Thanks
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Probably you have infected smegma. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Rash is probably due to collection of smegma and it is infected.So,you should take care of local hygiene.You can clean with soap and water by everting prepuce regularly and don't allow any collection.You can also apply ointment containing antibiotic and steroid thrice daily for one week. Rash can also be due to allergy from contact of soap,lubricants etc.In this case the spots should be treated with steroid cream and they usually disappear on their own in couple of days.If they still persist than it's perhaps a condition which needs to be further investigated in detail. If necessary you should consult dermatologist. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX