Suggest medicine to delay periods. What precaution should be taken during regular intercourse?

My Self XXXXXX ,My Marrige Date s August 5,,,,And My Period Date Is 13,Aug....Am Going On Honeymoon On 8-19 August...What Are The Best And Safest Source To Delay Periods...Please Advice Advise Me The Best Along With Medicine Name....One More Thing Dr.Please Tell Us We Both Dont Want Pregnency For six Months Is Condom The Safest And He Have To Use Daily Or Any Another Source For That..Am Totally Unaware Please Tell Some Tips Abt Comming Maritial Life About Relationships With Husbands Pregnency And All....
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 53 minutes later

For delaying period, 5 days prior to your expected date of menses i.e. 8 August you should start hormonal tablet that contain progesterone like primolut-N and this need to be continued till you do not want periods. This is a prescription drug. I sincerely recommend you to be examined by local Gynecologist before starting this medicine.

Condom is a good contraceptive if used correctly and consistently with all sexual acts. It protects from infection also. The other option is oral contraceptive pills but that needs to be taken on daily basis. You need to be examined by local gynecologist before starting pills.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Suggest medicine to delay periods. What precaution should be taken during regular intercourse? 1 hour later
What Are The Side Effects In Future For That Medicine And When I Stop Medicine From Next Days My Menus Starts i.e.if i stop on 19 then menus comes on 20 Or It 'll Be Irregular Due To Medicines....I Dont Wanna Any Risks Dr. So i'll Never Go For Pills And Its Not Possible To Local Gynecologist As Am Stusying In Village Never Possible Here...You'll The Precautions During The Medicines Time.....
Will Medicine Effects On Furute Pregnency Time?
Please Answer Me in Clarity Doctor Please...
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 18 hours later

This medicine has no effect in future or on conception. You can expect your periods, once you stop this medicine. The effect lasts till you take this medicine and once you stop, the effect wanes off.

It has no side effect on forthcoming menstrual cycles.

Hope I have answered your query.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Follow-up: Suggest medicine to delay periods. What precaution should be taken during regular intercourse? 13 hours later
Lastly Please Tell Me Dr.Madam That Is This medicine To Take With Milk Or Wate And in Morning Or evening?....
How Long We Can Take eg:-If I Wish To Delay Fr 1 Months Then I Have To Take Daily A Tablet For A Month?....
My Frnd Is Taking Registrone 5mg & primolut-N Is This Same She Is Taking registrone 1 Day Before The date Of Menuss...
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 10 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

This medicine is to be taken thrice a day after meal with water. It is to be started 5 days before your expected date and to be continued until you do not want period.

One month is long period so try not to take for that long. I do not prefer regesterone for this purpose.

If you have no further queries, you may close the discussion.

Best wishes