Suggest me whether to take i pill without an intercourse

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
sir i was very close to my girl friend and we touched the private parts i m sure that we did not have an intercourse but still i want her to suggest to take i pill . plz tell me it will be ok or not.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ejaculation, ovulation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your description the possibility of pregnancy is less. She may need emergency pill, if: -There was ejaculation -She was around the period of ovulation. According to these factors you decide whether to take the emergency pill or not. If needed emergency pill should be taken within 72 hours of the intercourse. Repeated emergency pills usage can lead to menstrual irregularities. There should be at least 2 months gap between usage of two emergency pills. Hope I have answered your question. I will be available to answer followup questions. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.

Follow-up: Suggest me whether to take i pill without an intercourse 24 minutes later
i touched her vagina with my hands but i m not sure that my hand was clear with sperm plz suggest what should i do to avoid pregnancy.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Depends on fertile period Detailed Answer: Hi, If she was around the period of ovulation at the time of incident, better to go for emergency contraceptive pill. In case of regular 28 to 30 days menstrual cycle, usually ovulation can occur between 12th to 18th day. As I told previously tablet should be taken within 72 hours of the act. Take care.

Follow-up: Suggest me whether to take i pill without an intercourse 1 hour later
which pill is the best? how it should be taken?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 hours later
Brief Answer: I pill, unwanted 72 etc. Detailed Answer: Hi, Emergency pills come with different trade names like I pill, unwanted 72 etc. They will be available on counter. One pill should be taken orally within 72 hours of the intercourse. Take care.