Suggest good psychiatrist for treating anorexia and trauma issues?

Psychiatrist
Question
I need to find a good therepyst/ psychiatrist who treats anorexia and trauma issues
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 30 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. You can find such a doctor in a big city like NY or even closer cities to you for sure. The therapist will focus on the dynamic of family relationships for eating problems and how the person should have the ability to control on his own issues. Working on trauma is also necessary and will focus on the coping mechanisms a person has and also other issues. It is really important for his medical condition as well. MS is a disease that can be intensified with stress. Let me know if you have any question in this regard. I wish her a good health.

Follow-up: Suggest good psychiatrist for treating anorexia and trauma issues? 42 minutes later
IS THERE A DR. WHO DEALS WITH BOTH THE ANOREXIA AS WELL AS THE TRAUMA ISSUES? WE LIVE IN THE BOSTON AREA SO HOW DO I FIND SUCH A SPECIALIST? LASTLY, WILL THE MS POSSIBLY WORSEN BECAUSE OF THE RECENT RELAPSE?

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 31 hours later
hi there, many therapists deal with both issues. moreover, there is no direct association between the sychological condition relapse and MS relapse. best wishes.

Follow-up: Suggest good psychiatrist for treating anorexia and trauma issues? 11 hours later
what about the association betwen eating disorders, or malnutrution and MS?
some DR. s feel that the malnutrision assocated with anorexia is not totaly a psychological disorder. Do you agree?

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. I also agree that malnutrition is a separate issue in eating disorder. Any stress could trigger MS, so it is not limited to malnutrition. It should be addressed with talk therapist if it is not critical at this point. Best wishes.