Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth?

Rheumatologist
Question
I would like to know what are the foods and drinks which helps for healthy tooth development? Are there any vitamins , mineral syrups or tablets available for purchase in pharmacies for that purpose?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: All foods containing calcium. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well since main component of teeth is calcium all foods thet are rich in calcium will help in its growth . Other mineral like fluoride are also helpful in their growth . Cheese is high in calcium,contains casein that is useful for fortifying the tooth's surface and helps prevent cavities . Celery . Yogurt , fruits like pears and milk . Avoid sugar , soft drinks, lemonade, and coffee or tea with added sugar. Sugar free chewing gums also help in maintaining the pH and thus are good for healthy teeth. Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth? 2 days later
My one teeth has a small hole. It was arisen very recently. What should i do for fill it? Is there any possiblity of refill it automatically?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 7 hours later
Brief Answer: No such possibilty is not there. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well such cavity needs to be examined . Dentists use special kind of material for filling of cavities , they dont fill by own. Kindly visit a dentist who will examine the cavity and decide accordingly . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth? 2 hours later
Today, when I am brushing, small part of teeth was broken automatically.As you think what would be the reason?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 21 hours later
Brief Answer: cannot be said. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, It will not be possible to say without examination what is the cause for your broken tooth , is it chipping or fracture needs to be determined . I advise you to visit a dentist for complete evaluation as there can be many causes for broken teeth . Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth? 12 hours later
What are the best toothpastes , tooth brushes ,mouth washes in India which good for tooth health I mean brand names?

Brief Answer: as your treating doctor advises Detailed Answer: Dear sir , It is not possible for us to suggest you any brand names . You can use fluoridated toothpastes for you . Your dentist can tell you the best as he knows your exact problem . Any mouthwash that maintains pH of mouth is good . Dr. Shruti

I would like if you can tell some good brand names then I can order them from India to XXXXXXX Lanka.However, I would like to know how much does it cost in India for such a tooth filling?What is the best material which should be used to fill tooth? I think there should be various quality tooth filling methods?What is the best one? After a filling what happens to that filled teeth? Will it break after long duration or some thing else?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Sir , it is not our policy. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, As a policy we cannot suggest you any brand names . We are sorry for this. Generally filling will depend on how much cavity you have . There are many choices but your dentist will be able to take the best decision for you after looking at the condition of your teeth. Gold , amalgam , ceramic , variety of them are available. After filling the cavity is closed and durabilty is different for different materials but lasts more than 5 years on average . Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth? 18 hours later
I would like to know the best material? It is Gold. Isnt it? Is it 18 K gold, 22 K gold or what is the mixture? How is it possible to fill it by hydroxylapatite, crystalline calcium phosphate,collagen?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Well if you like it . Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , It is one of the inert metals and good plus durable also . There is no hard fast rule for carat it depends on your wish and money . It generally starts from 10 - 12 carat . I told you that your dentist will be the best person to guide you for this . Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth? 4 hours later
How is it possible to fill it by hydroxylapatite, crystalline calcium phosphate,collagen?Is that impossible?When using the filling equipments, is there any risk of wounds inside the mouth?how I should be careful by germs in such circumstance?Otherwise, can it be done without any wounds inside the mouth? I would like to know are there female doctors in India age between 18 to 23? What is the percentage of buddhism in India?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Your queries are out of our domain Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Kindly consult with a dentist regarding this . With any procedure there is a risk of complications which cannot be said at this point of time. You can discuss about the risk of complications with a dentist. Rest your queries are out of our domain for answering. Dr. Shruti