Suggest diet to raise immunity after kidney and throat infection?

ive had a kidney and throat infection thats gone now and i have oral thrush from antibiotics i feel sick and wanting to eat what can i eat to get my immune up ?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX I can suggest a few lifestyle changes that can raise your immunity. Lifestyle mostly includes diet and exercise. Some ayurveda preparations also help raise immunity. These preparations include Chyawanprash from Dabur. Another preparation is XXXXXXX drops from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Ayurveda. Lifestyle recommendations are as follows: - Exercise atleast 20 min a day. Exercise can include gym, walk, yoga, cycling, swimming, etc. - Diet should include fruits and vegetables upto 5 times a day. Take hygienic food and pure drinking water. This will help you to prevent unnecessary infections, while your immunity fights previous infections. The purest water is from reverse osmosis filtration technique. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Suggest diet to raise immunity after kidney and throat infection? 12 minutes later
What can i eat with an oral mouth infection as i have only suffered anxiety since being ill with the kidney infection 3wks ago in which the kidney infection didnt heal properly and came back i worry alot about if im going to get better as i feel so low and havent ate right with in the last week as antibiotics made me feel ill and now the thrush ??? Kind regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Hi again This is one issue with the use of medicines (antibiotics) that there always remains some infection. Such remnant infection, if not bad, gets cleared up by immunity. Medicines are just for props. Thrush and other side-effects that you are noticing usually subside after discontinuing the antibiotics. Thrush is hard to treat. If you sincerely adhere to the lifestyle changes I advised earlier, thrush (Canidia) will reduce to the lowest levels. Aim should not be to eradicate Candida as it is part of normal flora. It became prominent because the harmless bacteria (that form the normal flora) got inhibited due to antibiotics. Thus the aim should be to restore the balance back. Now coming to your question about food; - you may avoid complex proteins in diet like meat, beans, etc. - Sugary treats should also be avoided, though natural sugars present in milk and fruit are okay. - Raw vegetables may be avoided. - Avoid canned juices, though taking fruits and fresh juice is ok. - You may take ordinary diet that is easily digestible. Take three meals and 3 - 4 small snacks in a day. Nutritional home-cooked food is best during times of illness. - You can include curd in your routine. - Probiotics temporarily help reduce the thrush. - If you are suffering from nausea and vomiting, then rehydrate with Gatorade or lime water. In fact take 1 glass of lime water first thing in the morning to flush out toxins. Drink adequate water. Hygienic food and pure drinking water are a must. Don't be disheartened. You will recover soon. Regards. Dr Vaishalee