Suggest diet to maintain good health?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Dear cconcern,

I am a sales guy , my height is 5.8 and my weight 72 and ageis 29 completed, which diet is prefferable for me to maintain good health condotion, please reffer south indian food.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Healthy diet, exercise necessary for good health

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query on Health care magic.

I appreciate your attitude and concern about health and your dietary habits.
I have gone through the details provided in your query and accordingly I would like to suggest a healthy diet plan for your age and weight.
For a 29 year old man, according to the height and weight you have mentioned, your BMI (Body mass index) is around 24.5 which is within the normal range for an adult.
But you have to maintain this weight with a healthy diet and some form of exercise.
Dietary intake and exercise will depend on the persons lifestyle and has to be more rigorous for a sedentary lifestyle.

I would suggest a calorie intake of about 2000 calories/day with a daily exercise regimen which can include brisk walking for about 40min to 1 hour for you.
You can have low-calorie snacks 2 -3 times a day and have lots of salads in your diet.
As you prefer south Indian food, I would suggest the following:

Start your day with a glass of lemon water with honey.
You can have half a cup of coffee/tea if required.
Breakfast could include either two idlis and sambhar, or one dosa or two to four slices of bread.
In Lunch you can have two rotis, 1 cup of curry, 1 cup of rice and sambhar with curds.
In dinner, preferably avoid rice. You can have two rotis with curry and lots of salad.

You can find the calories provided by each food item on many websites which can provide efficient calorie calculators.
Calculate your calorie intake and exercise daily for a healthy lifestyle.
I hope I have answered your query satisfactorily.
Please get back if any more doubts.