Suggest cure for dry patch in throat, chronic coughing during pregnancy

Dry patch in throat. Chronic coughing, day 3 unable to sleep, 15 weeks pregnant
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Throat infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from a throat infection, most likely to be a viral infection. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Gargle your throat in XXXXXXX warm salt water three times a day and spit out the gargled water 2. Vit C Chew-able tablets can be chewed three times a day, it helps bring down the throat dryness and irritation. Lozenges ( Strepsils) can also be used for the cough 3. If cough continues and you start developing fever then please approach a physician immediately for examination and treatment with anti bioitcs I would like to add here that during the first trimester of pregnancy some drugs are contraindicated, it is best to avoid drugs as much a possible. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards