Suggest cream which has erythrocin as LA salt. Have hypothyroidism and face acne

Please suggest me a cream which has erythrocin for LA salt as i am a hypothyroidism patient and got acne over my face. My doctor suggest to use this but i hv not found any cream with this name
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later

Topical cream for local application (LA) hardly influences systemic conditions as the creams act locally with very little being systemically absorbed. Therefore most of the topical creams have no interaction with hypothyroid condition per se or its treatment.

Erytop cream, Erytran Cream, eryacne 4% gel, etc., are few examples of erythromycin salt containing creams. Please check with a nearby pharmacy about availability of this product nearby your locality.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more enquiries.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.