Suggest an alternative of Primolut

Mar 2013
my wife have harmone probalm so doctor give us Primolut N mg two times but we facing side effect can i have another subsitute
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Please could you upload the test results that have been done until now. For irregular cycles and hormonal imbalance, the following workup should be done - 1. Pelvic transvaginal ultrasound scan. 2. Hormonal tests - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free Testosterone, lipid profile. I suspect that she must be having PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome. FOr correction of hormonal imbalance associated with PCOS, cyclical hormone therapy is provided. Taken in the correct dosage, progesterone cyclical therapy has no major side effects. Primolut N is quite a safe drug. There are other alternatives such as Deviry and Meprate which can be similarly used. Also, cyclical oral contraceptive pills like Krimson can be used. PLease provide me details of the investigations so I can formulate a diagnosis, and guide you accordingly. Take care.