Suffering with hyper thyroid. Taking medicine. TSH not getting controlled. What should I do?

Infertility Specialist
I am XXXXXXX my age is 22 years, i am staying in hyderabad. i am suffering with hyper thyroid issue since 2009, i am currently taking the medicine (neo-mercazole 10 mg three times in day, inderal 20 mg daily 2 times and folic acid tablet daily once) for the same. i am taking this medicine with supervision of Dr XXXXXXX Setia endo gynecologist.
still my problem with TSH is not coming to control (currently showing as 0.01 uIU/ml) i have taken the T3, T4 and TSH reports 2 times in last 2 months, 1 month back all of them are not under control, now T3 and T4 has come to the control state. I am suffering with PCOD problem also, we are planning for kids, so please guide me on how to move further.

Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 2 hours later
I think please continue the medicines you are taking for few more months with dosage adjustment if necessary after consulting your doctor.It takes time, SO HAVE PATIENCE. I suppose your endocrinologist must have evaluated you well . so don't worry and have patience. If you have not consulted an Endocrinologist it is worthwhile to take his opinion also. They are trained in treating such disorders.
As far PCOD is concerned, please reduce weight if you are obese . You can do a fasting plasma insulin and can take myoinositol.Currently don't plan a pregnancy till your thyroid profile is normal since there are chances of infertility, pregnancy loss and fetal problems. In the mean time you can take low dose pills containing cyproterone that will help in regularising your cycle disturbance if any and also help reduce your pimples.
I hope i have answered your query.