Suffering with Alzheimer. Any new treatment other than targretin?

Hi my father have Alzheimer and I need to know if I can find targretin for him and I need to know if a doctor can help him. Or a new treatment for this disease. I need to find a doctor for with this medicine.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Alzheimer's
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 3 hours later
Thanks for the query
I understand your concern
I feel that your father will require a detailed neurological and memory assessment to pin point the exact cause of dementia. Medications that may help in Alzheimer’s disease are donepezil, memantine, rivastigmine. I require you to get evaluated by a local neurologist who will help you in these issues

Please get back in case you need additional information
Beats wishes
Follow-up: Suffering with Alzheimer. Any new treatment other than targretin? 32 minutes later
I know that my father saw a doctor in my country but I know all of this medicines didn't work for long time I need to know if I can find a doctor for precribe targretin I think it is the better solution for him it is the only way....
Can you help me to find targretin or bexarotène? I just need one doctor for see if this medicine have great result and for Make one followed regular.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 35 hours later
I am extremely sorry to say you again that I have listed the approved drugs for treatment of Alzheimer's disease. To the best of my knowledge, the drug which you listed is not used for Alzheimer's disease. Please check in Montreal neurological institute. Neurologist there will guide you
Best wishes