Suffering itchy rashes on penis, given antibiotics. urine test showed Bactria. Suggest?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi doctor,

My question is, I am suffering itching and rashes on my pennis and redish on pennis hole from last one one week. I shown to general MBBS doctor he is given some antibiotics and urine test also done to find which bactiria is there. In urine test nothing is there every thing is fine. He sugestted to consult a skin specialist. pls advise me
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yeast infection, allergy, irritation are possible.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You had not mentioned some important facts like whether you are married, your recent sexual activities with your wife and out of marriage, whether you are a diabetic and whether your foreskin is freely movable or not. These particulars will help to impart more information to you with regards to your problem.

I assume that your redness and itching of penis is confined to the glans(head) penis and foreskin and not the skin over the shaft. This could be due to yeast infection either from your wife or from your sex partner. It will not be cleared by Antibiotics. It needs anti-fungal creams and oral tablets. Presence of Diabetes and a tight foreskin predispose the same. Your sex partners also to be treated simultaneously. Otherwise it may recur.
The redness and itching may also be due to any allergy or irritants like soap, antiseptics or other applications.
If you consult a Dermato-venereologist, he/she will help you for further investigation. With a careful examination and investigations we can fix the diagnosis and treat the same easily.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan