Suffering from vaginal thrush. Not cured by youghurt and garlic pill. What should I do to get relief?

Im suffering from vaginal thrush and, i read so many remedies online to stop the itch, i tried the garlic pill inserted and the XXXXXXX cider vinegar but seems my labia gone worse. I tried tea tree oil as well but it seemed the itch gone worse. The only thing that soothes my itch is the plain youghurt but i think its not enough, my labia are totally swollen and its hard to walk. Pls help me, i need it badly!!
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 32 minutes later
Oops! my dear lady what are you doing about your vagina!
Stop pushing the fauna and flora up there, you can land up in serious infection.
I fear you might have cropped one by now, you must know these unauthorised so-called home remedies can be tried orally but pushing them in vagina is like inviting dangers because these products are heavily contaminated by viruses and fungal.
God was kind enough to put an acid in stomach to destroy all of them but vagina was never supposed to be confronted with such challenge. Please stop this!
You should go to a Gynecologist and follow advise.
You can try a 5days course of Ciprofloxacin 500mg+Tinidazole 500 Mg twice a day along with Candid-V vaginal tablets to be inserted each night. Carry out the treatment under supervision of your clinician.
Avoid sexual activity during this time.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.
Dr.Monika Choudhary