Suffering from upset stomach, fever and loose motions. Help?

Dec 2012

My Brother - XXXXX is around 30 Years.
His Stomach is upset from past 1 month. He is getting himself Treated from the one of the Finest (The Best) Dr. in Ludhiana. Still he is not Improving. He Stomach is still upset. He is having problem of loose motions & Continuously suffering from fever in the range 99- 101. I am attaching all his reports for the Tests he had in the past 15 days Plus the Prescription of the Doctor. Kindly advise me how much time this problem will take to resolve.
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Your brother is sufffering feom chronic diarrhea which usually as a result of a good number of causes. No doubt his doctor is one of the best but when dealing with chronic diarrhea the dituation could at timrs embarras wven the best doctors. The most frequent cause is usually infection which could be of bacterial, fungal, parasitic, protozoal origin... then other causes such as systemic illnesses, autoimmune diseases, gastroparesis etc. Your doctor normally would proceed by doing all the tests indicated and maybe do some additional. Refering your brother to a gadteoenterologist will be the best possible option he can take at this point. Resistant germs exist so specific antibiotics could provided after a sensivity test.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Please feel free to write back.
Dr. Nsah