Suffering from type 2 diabetes. On amaryl 3 and lipitor 20. Looking for alternate treatment

I suffer from diabetes type II and has not felt better and I want to change my quality of treatment how would you recommend?
Treatment that I used :
Amaryl 3
Mitformin 850
Lipitor 20mg
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 hours later

Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Type 2 DM) is a common condition now with worldwide distribution. There are very effective treatment regimens now available for it.

Amaryl and Metformin are two basic and initial drugs in the treatment of newly diagnosed type 2 DM.

No type 2 DM treatment regimen can be effective without Metformin in it. So, it is better to have it in your medications list. Gliptin group of drugs are shown to be effective in recent trails both as a monotherapy and also in combination with Metformin.

Lipitor is a cholesterol lowering agent. Please continue to take it.

The treatment of type 2 DM is based on FBS, PPBS, Glycosylated hemoglobin level and self monitoring of blood glucose. Changes in the treatment are based on these values.

Please let me know about the recent values of these in you. We can chart out a quality treatment plan for you.

Just for your information, the 3 rules of treatment of type 2 DM:

1. Diet

2. Exercise

3. Metformin

Please let me know the recent lab reports and we shall discuss further.