Suffering from thyroid and polcystic ovary syndrome. Taking thyronorm and ayurvedic medicine. No improvement. Suggest alternative medicine?

Hello Doctor
I am 33 years old and staying in Hyderabad, India. I am an IT professional and have a 5 year old son. I am suffering from thyroid for past 3 years and PCOD since my teenage.
I am on thyronorm medicine 75 mcg. I am also on ayurvedic medicine for thyroid and PCOD for past 8 months. However I dont see any improvement. Please let me know if I can completely rely on homeopath and leave allopathy and ayurvedic medicines completely. I am really tired now trying ayurvedic and allopathy both, my problem has worsened. Please help and suggest.
Thanks & Regards
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allopathy is better

Detailed Answer:

Ayurveda and homeopathy can cure the thyroid illnesses but they do take really long time to show some response.

Since allopathy treatment involves giving you alternate hormone itself, it will for sure reduce the symptoms and provide you relief.

My recommendation is you can use either of the treatment modalities but do not go for all at a time. This may cause interactions and lead to failure of all.

Hope, I answered your query.