Suffering from stomach infection. Temporary relief from metrogyl. Looking for permanent cure

General Surgeon
Hi, my daughter (aged 13 years) and my wife (aged 39 yrs) are suffering from stomach disorder. Looks like a stomach infection - initial dosage of metrogyl 400 is giving temporary relief. But the symptoms are recurring - pain in stomach followed by small amount of stool. Need advise for permanent recovery.

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 13 minutes later
Infection of the gut is due to contaminated food and water.
Metrogyl course has to be taken fully.
Please avoid outside food.
You should also take a Pre and Probiotic capsule.
You should be cautious about the food and water you take.Then you can avoid this infection.
Follow-up: Suffering from stomach infection. Temporary relief from metrogyl. Looking for permanent cure 14 minutes later
Thanks for the advise. Please let me know what additional medicine (name of the medicine) is to be taken and the dosage and course for the same. I did not understand pre and probiotic capsule.

Will the dosage and course vary for my daughter and wife?

Thanks and regards,
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 7 hours later
I am sorry.I cannot write the dosage and duration here as it becomes a pescription,which i am not supposed to do here.
Instead of Metrogyl,they can be given Ofloxacin and Ornidazole.
Pre and probiotic capsules come under various trade names.One is PRE PRO HS.
Yes,the dosage changes with your wife and daughter.
Your wife has to take tablets twice daily,where as your daughter needs once daily.
The main culprit is outside food.
Please avoid it.