Suffering from stabbing chest pain. What is causing this?

chest pain like somoene stabbing me with a knife took a listen to it and i can hear like a hissing noise with deept breath toward the end of the breath
the pain is been off & on for 2 week now very painfull when it happen..Had chest pain before but apparently it was the lining of my heart the doc said. This pain is different spot charper feel little heavy Had an ecg/stess test nothing show up. I talk to the nurse that did the test about this pain and she said to see ny doc and request to be hoock up to a devise for 24 hrs to see if it show something or get an ecogram.
This pain is skaring me it really hurt last about 6 /8 seconde every time.

My name is XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

The description sounds like airway issue. It may be partial block of the stream of air right from the lower level of airway to the level of larynx. That produces the hissing sound. The chest pain can be related to heart or lung /airway related.

Lining of the heart (pericarditis) can recur and present it the same way and very short lived (6 to 8 sec) This is specially true for one with frequent infections / allergies / asthma. It is ideal to test if the frequency of the pain increases. Yes you should go for 2 D ECHO and blood counts with ESR first.

Let me know if you have further concerns.