Suffering from sinusitis. Having shortness of breathe, cough and sound while breathing. What is affecting me?

Allergist and Immunologist
My Question is for Dr. XXXXXX from Ahmedabad ( may be wrong on location)
I met with a pulmonologist 2 months back with symptons like short of breathe,coughing,sound while breathing when i am short of breathe etc. He diagnosed me with Allergic bronchitis. Prior to this, i am already suffering from Sinusitis. The root cause for all this is Allergy of my body. I did a skin prick test also with 10 antigens and apart from 2-3 antigens giving 0 values. all other antigens gave results somewhere around 3-5 with histamine giving value 5. Also, in the Bronchial challenge test, reduction of airflow around 26% with 2mg of histamine.
Is there a way we can exactly find out why my body reacts to such compounds? What all things are affecting me? Is there any way my body can cope with these things? What are the best practices i can do to come back in normal conditions? Do allopathy has any solution apart from desensitization which works on root causes?
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Suman Kumar 11 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I am in Chandigarh and practicing as allergy specialist for last 23 years.

You have definitely allergic body as sinusitis developing towards bronchitis. The main culprit in your case is food allergens; there are one or two food items which are causing your problem milk, wheat, chana, potato, ginger, or rice.

The test for these is to find levels of (IgE –Immunoglobulin E) specific for these food items.

After avoiding the culprit foods your immunity will increase automatically day by day.

Low dose sublingual immunotherapy is the only way in allopathy which has solution for you. There are no shots but the immune system is fortified by keeping (customized) drops under the tongue only twice a week.

I hope to have answered your query. If any other information is required you are welcome to ask.