Suffering from seborrhea, hair loss and itchy head. Any permanent solution?

Ayurveda Specialist
Hi, i am 29 yr old male. I have (acute dandruff.) seborrhea. I have had dandruff for quite some time and it use to go away after using anti fungal shampoo but recently in the last 5-6 months it has become severe. there is also lots of hair loss itching and pain in the head. The hair have really become very thin.also i can feel the red spots which hurt on touching.I use to apply baidynath maha bringraj oil and himalaya anti dandruff oil but doctor has advised me to stop oiling as it increases the infection and inflamation. pls advise some long term permanent solution for treating seborrhea and hair loss.
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 3 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic.

Your query is regarding dandruff and seborrhea.

In addition, you have tried out so many medicines for the problem. However, most of time you had taking only external medicines and for permanent solutions have to take XXXXXXX medicines too and if needed should have to take Panchkarma treatment also.

Please start the following medicines right now

1. Majisthadi ghan vati 2 tabs twice a day

2. Aarogya vardhini ras 2 tabs twice a day

3. Bhringraj ghan vati 2 tabs twice day

4. Gandhak rasayan 1 tab twice a day

All medicines have to take with water and you can take all medicines empty stomach too.

Also recommending you external use

1. Shampoo – you can continue Himalaya anti dandruff shampoo or can wash hair with amla, aritha and shikhakai podwer. Should have to keep 1 table spoon powder for 2-3 hours in water and use the water with paste of power by mixing manually.

2. Use : mix karanjadi oil and dhaturpatradi oil in equal quantity and apply on scalp and affected area too. (Do not apply on wet hair)

For Panchkarma treatment .. you can request for the following therapy to the reputed panchkarma centre after taking two month medicines; if you do not get good relief.

1. XXXXXXX karma

2. Virechan karma

Avoid Curd and excessive use of salt.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant