Suffering from premature ejaculation during sex. Suggest some medication

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012

Dermatologist
Question
I am having pre-mature ejaculation problem duirng sex with my partner.
Kindly suggest some medication.
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Premature Ejaculation

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX .i would be happy to suggest medication but sometimes, just natural methods are good enough. Can you please answer some queries: how long have you been having sex with this partner? Is this your first experience? Are there any stressors bothering you? Is there any guilt feeling? for eg are u married & is this an affair..dont worry..everythng is confidential..will revert when you send in some more histroy to help me out. Cheers

Follow-up: Suffering from premature ejaculation during sex. Suggest some medication 18 hours later
I am married and have been married since a year now. And the partner with whom I am having sex is my wife.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX
Apologies as have been busy at the hospital.
I read your follow-up note. If it is the wife, then the problem is less desirous of having any medication.
There is a technique called the masters & XXXXXXX technique wherin the penis shaft is helf tightly either by self or the partner (ur wife) at the root just when you feel you are going to ejaculate & slowly withdraw...wait some 30 secs & start again...this way control will develop.
Another technique i advocate is to masturbate some half hour or 1 hour before sex. Then have sex with your wife. This will help delay the masturbation.
What you consider premature ejaculation may not be actually that. Is it a total of less than 2 mts before you ejaculate? Is there any prior affair or guilty feeling of sex or masturbation or any current stress bothering you.
If no to the above questions, then try these natural methods & confide in your wife to help you. If still no use (dont think it will come to this), it is better both you & your wife go together to a doctor you trust & then take medication et al.
I would prefer you try natural methods.
There is a himalaya product called Tentex capsules to be taken 2 caps together nightly with milk or 1 hour before sex daily for 2 weeks to a month. You may try this if this natural method fails.
Do hope all this helps you & here's wishing you a happy married life with good healthy sexual congress...cheers & good luck..wish you luck!