Suffering from premature ejaculation and weak erections. Solution?

want to consult a sexologist for premature ejaculation. I am experiencing weak erections & premature ejaculation as soon i am stimulated when cuddling my girlfriend. i get an erection soon, but within 10-15 secs i get wet & lose erection.
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 11 hours later
Thanks for the query in WWW.WWWW.WW
From your symptoms, it seems that you are suffering from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.

There are two major causes for erectile dysfunction.

1. Physical - Due to physical factors like hormonal deficiency, obesity, smoking, diabetes etc

2. Psychological - Most common at your age; Stress, Performance anxiety, guilt about any other sexual activity can contribute to this.

Since your erectile problem is situational, it could be mainly due to psychological reasons.

I would suggest the following:

1. Involve yourself in anti stress activities like meditation, yoga and pranayama.

2. If these do not help, you can take Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like tadalafil can boost your confidence for erectile dysfunction. These are prescription drugs and I would suggest you see your physician for the same.

3. Certain techniques pioneered by Master and XXXXXXX are very useful in treating premature ejaculation. They include
(a) Stop & Re Start Method: Stop at a point just before you are about to ejaculate and restart foreplay and insertion. You may repeat this cycle again.
(b) Squeeze Method: Your partner should squeeze the base of glans penis for a few minutes just before you feel you would ejaculate. Repeat the process again as required.
(c) Increased frequency of sexual activity can increase the ejaculation time as well.

4. Selective Serotonin Reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) drug like Tab. Dapoxetine have been tried in the recent years to treat premature ejaculation. It is more effective when taken 3 hours before intercourse. A physician can prescribe it to you

5. Sex Therapy: Sex Therapy is an effective method of desensitizing fear or performance anxiety. Sex Therapy can be provided by a Sexual Medicine consultant or Sex Therapist. Consider visiting at your location.

I hope I have addressed your concerns in detail. Still, I would be available for follow ups.

Wish you healthy sexual life

Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine