Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from phimosis. How long will it take to cure after surgery?

Sep 2012

Lately I realised that I am suffering from Phimosis, the skin needs to be removed. Could you please tell after the operation how many days it will take for the recovery ?? Also could you tell me the best hospital where I can get the operation done ??
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 16 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Look, in case of phimosis, you only need a simple operation. That is called circumcision.

Now, normally, a patient with phimosis is first examined clinically. Then some basic laboratory tests are done for getting fit for general anesthesia if required. After that the patient is admitted in hospital and on that day operation is done. Patient is kept under observation for 24 hours and then discharged.

So, overall, it will take 2 days for operation. After that you wil be able to do your daily works. But, for complete recovery, 15 days are enough.

Look, here I cannot name any particular hospital. But you can consult with a general surgeon for clinical examination and for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.