Suffering from pallido ponto nigral degeneration caused by mutation on chromosome. What is the treatment?

I suffer from a rare illness called pallido ponto nigral degeneration which is caused by an n279k mutation on exon 10 chromosome 17 and was wondering ifyou have any advice for treatment on how to inhibit tau aggregation.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Genetics
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is no treatment as of now Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear that you suffer from this rare and recently being described disease. It must be very difficult for you and your loved ones but I call on you to face the challenge and hope that tomorrow would be better. Research into this pathology is ongoing. There is no treatment for this condition right now. We try using the same drugs that we use for Parkinson's disease but the response is very poor. i very much hope we get some good news in the nearest future that can be of help to you. For now, we feel your pain and we promise to standby you. Though there is no magical treatment for this right now, we shall never let you fight alone. Our constant support to the best of our ability given the most up to date prevailing evidence will always follow you wherever you be. I hope this helps and addresses your query fully. Please, feel free to ask for more clarification if need be. I wish you well and the best possible outcome. Thanks for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD