Suffering from pain in neck and slowly moves to head when hungry. Feeling sleepy. Suggest the treatment?

Every day I suffer pain in back of my neck which moves to my head slowly when ever I am hungry.Even I start feeling feel sleepy.This pain does not go away even after taking food. The pain starts before I realize that I am hungry.
Earlier I used to get a headache, but now I am getting pain in back of neck.
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Evaluate for migraine by a Neurologist

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms as described by comes under the probable symptoms of migraine. The nature that you described is typical.

I think you need lifestyle modifications by disciplined diet and timings. Your body is responding with headache if the blood sugar is dropping down because of lack of timely food. Neck pain can be a symptom of migraine in some of my patients.

One way of testing and confirming it is follow a regular and schedule meal timing with two and half hour difference between meal and snack. Also follow a good exercise regimen with 30 to 40 min brisk walk a day early in the morning. That should clear things well for you.

After writing all these doing in a book you may approach the neurologist for evaluation of primary headache esp migraine. You do not need medication at this point of time.