Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from oily sweating from penis. Not cured by using a jock itch powder. What should I do?

I'm having a secretion of sweat or an oil substance on my penis. I thought I got jock itch on my penis because of the redness and slight itching after working outside sweating alot and not changing into dry clothes. I am baffled. I been using a jock itch powder for two days but it hasn't help. Do you have any information to add. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Of course yes.
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Are u circumcised?
In all probabibility, u have what is called infection of the foreskin and the underlying penis head, the way u describe it.
I would be able to help you better if i can see a photo of the same.
You need to consult to confirm the diagnosis. Then, either local application of ointment with added oral antibiotics should do the trick.
Circumcision will help prevent repeated attacks.
Hope i helped u. Kindly get back for doubts if any.
Get well soon.