Suffering from obstructive jaundice due to pancreas tumour. Will I recover completely?

My Dad is suffering from Obstructive jaundice due to Pancreas tumor, Doctor wanted to operate, Potassium and albumin is 2.6 and 2.3, it's not Increasing after lots of medication, now doctor is saying Liver and Kidney is getting failure. Doc is not showing any hope.My Dad is 71 . Please suggest me if any way I can Save my Dad's life?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Am afraid noting much can be done! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about what your father is going through. Pancreatic tumour is very aggressive and often causes so much damage if it cannot be removed surgically. It is very resistant to chemotherapy that surgery remains the only likely way out. I am so sorry but, without surgery I am afraid the life of your father cannot be remedied. Mortality is generally within six months after diagnosis. I know how painful this is but am being honest with you. It is better to understand exactly what you are dealing with and to prepare for the worse than to be given false hope. Added to kidney and liver failures, it becomes even more concerning. Take the remaining time he has to add more meaning to his life by showing him the much needed love and support as he battles with this condition. That is what matters most. It is generally not advisable to talk about sensitive information in writing. I will let his doctor continue with the end of care discussion. Accept my sincere sympathy in this difficult time. I can only wish him the best of health and pray that you all find the strength to support him during these difficult moments. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you for using our services and please do feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD