Suffering from number of issues. Have gestational diabetes, hypothyroid. panic disorder. Done with MRI, uric acid test

Iam 33 year old female. Iam sufferring from number of issues as far as my health is concerned. I will start with scratch.
1- I was diagnosed with Hypothyroid 10 years back and had irregular periods. Since then Iam on Thyroid medication which keeps on increasing every year.
2- During my pregnancy (have a 7 year old daughter by C-sec) I was diagnozed with Gestational diabetes in 6th Month.
3- After 3-4 years of that around 2009 I started gainning weight and had blaoted body. Had acne and scars all over the face and suddenly I got an anxiety attack. I was admitted to hospital for observation but after giving me anxiety medicine they discharged me. We thought it could be of neck and spondylitis but after few days suddenly it happened again.
4- The feeling that I had during these attacks were cold hands abnd feet, waves starting from feet and coming to chest, breathlessness, tingling, feeling of heart attack and as if its my last day. I went to neurologist and he said ima suffering from Panic Disorder. He gave me Nexito 20mg and Petril 0.5 mg.
5- In the mean time my endo doagnozed high Insulin levels and told me that Iam Insulin Resistant and hence gave me Glycomet 1000.

Now- After treatment for 3 years Iam bit better and not having these attacks so frequently but Iam gainign a lot of weight I ws 98 Kg but with extreme effort have reduced it to 89 Kg. I suddenly feel anxiety anytime anywhere so I have to keep Petril all the time with me. Though I take thyroid and Insulin doses regularly still they keep on fluctuating and right now My thyroid level is 4.9 and Insulin 35.

I have done many tests like Uric acid, HB (its low), MRI's, etc, and all are Ok. I have an issue of numbness as well in my hands and feet.

Now my BO is generally Low and Pulse rate is high. Say between 98 to 118. Is it dangerous?. When I travel or sit for long I feel tingling sensation in my left feet and simultaneously I feel a mild shiver at right side of skull.

What is going on with me?
Will I survive?

Please help me as Iam very tensed.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

Here I would try to give the best support.

The problems that you described are complex and inter-related. However they are common and easily manageable. Most people are able to survive full life and with good standard of life.

My suggestions to you are:
1) You should start looking the positive way of it. Like I am very happy when you said that you had lost to 89 kg from 98 kg. This means you have that vigor and ability to achieve goals. You have a lot of life left with you.

2) You need a better companion to support you be it your son and husband. If either of them are unable to XXXXXXX to your expectations you can seek professional support like a counsellor who can motivate you all the time. You should always feel that there are a lot of people around you who can come to help if you seek. There are professional services that would never let you die when they are serving you.

3) Your set of doctors Endocrinologist, Neuro and OBGYN have done their therapy to keep your symptoms at bay. You need to know about participatory therapy where you have a greater role to play for normalcy.

4) Anxiety, Insulin resistance are not uncommon. They are easily treatable with proper interactive plan. Weight loss, meditation, yoga and counseling are the techniques that you need to practice on regular basis. You cannot relax after you reach 89 kg. You may tend to gain weight between. You can take dietitian support.

Let me know if you have any specific queries to address in this complexity of problems.

Follow-up: Suffering from number of issues. Have gestational diabetes, hypothyroid. panic disorder. Done with MRI, uric acid test 15 minutes later
Thanks you doctor so much for your support. I will definitlely not give up but my issue right now is that I have Low BP and my pulse rate is high. Is this normal? Or the things that I mentioned with nerve issue is it normal?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 55 minutes later

The nerve issues does not impose life threatening issue. Anxiety or panic attacks can bring in these symptoms.

Pulse rate is generally high in anxious people. It is important to check resting pulse rate that means when you sleep. The blood pressure adjust to high pulse rate hence may be recorded low. What is the recorded BP for three times?

Check T3, T4 and TSH regularly. If the dose of thyroxine is higher than the requirements you may have higher pulse.

Hope the clarifies.