Suffering from nasal and eye allergy, face feels warm, no fever and not taking any supplements. Suggest?

ENT Specialist

I am a healthy male, no BP issues, or skin concerns. However, I have been suffering from nasal/eye allergy for a few days. My face feels warm to the touch, it is not red, and I have no fever. I am not taking any meds or supplements. Can allergies cause this? If so, what can I do to lessen the discomfort?
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 37 minutes later
Hi, Thanks for the query.

Well I have gone through your queries.

As per my clinical experience, you seem to have allergy issue. Now you will have to move in a sequence to overcome this problem.

First consult some laboratory and investigate yourself, including all general blood investigations.The eosinophilia will confirm the allergic problem.

Then consult an allergy clinic and investigate yourself to find the offending allergen. It may be pollen, dust or pollution, etc.

Then you will have to avoid it. Anti-allergic medicines also help.

A very important thing, please avoid any sort of alcohol or tobacco intake.

I hope this will help you, and I am here for future follow ups.

Follow-up: Suffering from nasal and eye allergy, face feels warm, no fever and not taking any supplements. Suggest? 22 minutes later
Hello Dr.

What type of medication will work best? I have Claritin and Flonase. Should I use something else? The warmth of the face is the biggest annoyance.

In the next day or two I will request lab work.

Hi again, it is almost confirmed that you are allergic to some offending allergen.

Medicines will include montileukast, levocetrizine etc. and other drugs will be prescribed after your allergy test accordingly.

Continue your medicines till then.