Suffering from low blood pressure, blood in urine. Causes and treatment?

my wife blood pressure is 91 over 69 with heart rate 84. Should I be worried with these results?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 25 minutes later

The normal blood pressure range will be 120/80mmHg.The upper being systolic and lower figure diastolic. Your wife’s systolic pressure seems to be in the lower range. Her heart rate is normal.

It is better to take a few more readings of her blood pressure. If it is still in the lower range then she will need to get physically examined by a Physician. You have also mentioned that she is vomiting continuously; even loss of fluids can lead to electrolyte imbalance leading to lowering of blood pressure.

There can be various causes for vomiting like gastroenteritis, migraine headaches, and morning sickness during pregnancy, food poisoning, peptic ulcer, heartburn, lactose intolerance, appendicitis etc. First she needs to get examined for vomiting and treated for it, upon giving I.V fluids like saline her blood pressure will raise to normal.

There is no need to worry about the blood pressure, treatment of vomiting is foremost.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Follow-up: Suffering from low blood pressure, blood in urine. Causes and treatment? 7 hours later
I might have confused you a little, I meant I have taken her in the past for vomiting and thats when they pump the I.V in her. I had to do that twice last year being 5 months apart. Well now her blood pressure is 104 over 77 and heart rate is 80, and she is loosing blood when she urines, should I be concern
Answered by Dr. Radhika 36 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.

Blood pressure of 104/77 is slightly below the normal range. It can be again corrected, but it is not a serious issue.

I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply, please do not mind in answering the following:
1. From when is she passing blood in urine?
2. Is she anaemic?
3. Does she have any pain while passing urine?
4. Does she have any other symptoms?

Blood in the urine can come from any condition that results in infection, inflammation, or injury to the urinary system.

It is cause of concern and it should be investigated with tests like urine routine and Ultrasound abdomen.

Awaiting your reply.