Suffering from itching sensation around private areas after drenching in rain. Noticed boils. Medication?

I was drenched in rain 3 days ago. From last two days, I have been suffering from itching sensation around under garment area especially on and around testicles. The intensity is observed to be high in nights. On right thigh, close to under garment area, I have few small sized boils/sores. Effected area is very small. I cannot see it clearly but I can feel it when I touch that area.

The problem is not severe yet. I would like stop this in early stages. Before I start my own medication like ‘itch guard’, I request you to suggest proper medicines.

Please note that, I had no such history in past few years.
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

I have read your query with diligence. I also understand the kind of problem you are facing.

In my view, it is Tinea or fungal infection in the groin area. Yes, the lesions are itchy and not visible to naked eye many times.

I am glad you want to take measures to prevent it now. Here is the right medication for your concern:

Ointment or cream Micogel (Miconazole) 2% that comes as a 15 gm tube. Please apply the ointment twice daily on the affected areas after washing the area with lukewarm water and drying the area thoroughly.

Use the ointment for 2 weeks and continuously without skipping a day. You should start improving by the end of the first week.

Make sure the ointment stays in the affected area almost 24/7.

Get well soon.
Follow-up: Suffering from itching sensation around private areas after drenching in rain. Noticed boils. Medication? 20 minutes later
I really appreciate your quick response. I will start using the medicine starting today.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Thank you XXXXXXX You may want to write a review, if time permits.

Take care!