Suffering from high blood pressure, high thyroid and uric acid. Suggest diet plan

May 2013
My mother is suffering from High blood Pressure, high thyroid and Uric Acid. Kindly suggest the diet what she should take and the things she should avoid.

WIth regards
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 hours later

After considering high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism and hyperuricemia, the dietary recommendations are:
Diet to be taken:
Whole grains like millet, brown rice, nuts and seeds.
Fruits, especially citrus fruits.
Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, mustard greens, XXXXXXX
Flaxseed oil etc which contain omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
Soybeans, soy products.
High fiber diet.
B-complex, zinc, vitamin C supplements.

Salt intake should be restricted. Means the sodium intake should be less than 2gms/day.
High fat dairy products, meat extracts, some fish types (sardines, herring, mackerel, anchovy).
Plants with high content of purine like spinach, peas, beans etc.
Excessive intake of caffeine, tea.

The medicines to be continued.
Maintaining ideal weight and exercises, yoga etc. will help.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.