Suffering from fissure problem. Getting pain and irritability at the end of anus. Proper medication?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
Hi, I suffered from fischer problem before around 10 years back, I am again getting pain and irritability at the end of anus. I took iron and vitamin c and calcium-magnesium tablet yesterday. I had stool today in the morning, no symptoms of constipation in general.
please prescribe some medicine in order to reduce the pain and irritability at the anus end point. I am not under any treatment right now.
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 26 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome tohealthcaremagic forum.

Do you have feeling of something coming out of your anus?

There are two disease which generally involves anus and are vey painful.
These are anal fissures and hemorrhoids.
Both of these disease have almost same symptoms and can be differentiated only after clinical examination.
But treatment varies with the diagnosed disease.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general surgeon and should go for thorough check up including per rectal examination.
Both of these diseases are precipitated by persisting constipation.

If anal fissures is present,you should take Isosorbide mono nitrate on written prescription.This will help in decreasing tone of lower anal spinchter and helps in cure.

You should also apply Diltiazem ointment along with local anaesthetic locally (also helps in relaxation).
You should perform hot sitz bath; that means sitting in XXXXXXX warm water in a tub.
This will relax lower anal tone and helps in faster recovery.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Suffering from fissure problem. Getting pain and irritability at the end of anus. Proper medication? 36 minutes later
Thanks for your help doctor.

I dont feel something like that, only I can feel irritation like burn around the area.
I will keep you posted after applying the oinment.

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 minute later
Ok, Good.
You should also take deworming tablets (Albendazole) as you have burning sensation.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Suffering from fissure problem. Getting pain and irritability at the end of anus. Proper medication? 12 minutes later
Thanks for your quick response doctor. Can you please also mention the dosage of the tablet and the routine to take the same?

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 4 minutes later
You can take ISMN 20 mg once in a day.
This medicine is at times associated with side effects of headache.
So keep watch on headache, otherwise you can take safely.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava