Suffering from fever. Suggestions?

I am suffering from fever from past 1 week. so i consult doctors but still not able to recover. pls give the suggestions
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to be investigated...

Detailed Answer:

Fever persisting for a week needs to be evaluated. I understand you been to a doctor already; however I am unaware what are the tests done yet. If you have your doctor's or investigation reports with you, you should update it for my reference. I will be able to comment better after looking at those details.

If you have not been investigated yet, you need to get back to your doctor and proceed with investigations. If you were to be my treating doctor, I would recommend complete hemogram, urine routine, malarial parasite / malarial antigen, widal test as the first set of tests. While getting the tests, you should take antipyretic drug like calpol (paracetamol) 500mg for every 4-6 hours along with XXXXXXX warm sponging as and when required.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.