Suffering from external hemroids. Having irregular bowel movement and soreness in lower back. What could this be?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi I have what looks like externl hemroids, i now notice a few weeks now i am not passing stool regulary or when i do its small or nuggets like, last night i notice my right inner and outer thigh have burning sensation, and my lower back is also sore . what could his be?
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

According to your description, it looks like that you are suffering from haemorrhoids.

Your low back pain in this condition is likely due to fact that haemorrhoids require so much blood that they drain from other sources, so back pain occurs due to lack of blood flow.

To avoid burning sensation you have to:-

1) Take fibres in meals.
2) Drink plenty of water.
3) Apply creams.

Let me know if blood tinge is noticed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Follow-up: Suffering from external hemroids. Having irregular bowel movement and soreness in lower back. What could this be? 17 hours later
Dear doc you did not adress the question of the brning sensation I have in my right thigh, Allmost like i was brused there, its tender to the touch, Also the back pain is mild and mostly to my right side it feels sore..i did at one point notice blood on the toilet paper but has since disapeared..
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 15 hours later

Thanks for your query again

Your low back pain and its radiation and burning sensation in your right side of thigh might be due to sciatica which occurs due to compression over sciatic nerve which runs through your hips & thighs.
So nerve root get irritated & pain run through your back and thigh. It causes burning sensation in your thigh.

Hope I answered your query.