Suffering from diffuse scelorderma. Have problem in swallowing. How to improve the situation?

my mother has diffuse scelorderma, from last 7 years. and now at bed on oxygen, not eating n drinking anything from last 6 days, blood samples has showed jaundice. having problem in swallowing food n water too.
please suggest me how we can improve her food pipe syndrome?
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 6 hours later

Thank you for your query. I can understand your mother's condition.

Since your mother is suffering from scleroderma and not eating or drinking for the past 6 days she must be dehydrated. Jaundice is only one part of it. I suggest that you consult your doctor and get her hospitalized so that she is re-hydrated and investigated for the problem in her food pipe. She may require an endoscopic examination to know the exact condition of the food pipe.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications or share further information on this problem.

Wishing your mother all the best...