Suffering from dandruff. Looking for advice

i have dandruff problem. Please advice.
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 44 minutes later
The dandruff is an disorder of epidermis where there is excess of dead skin- the keratin which affects the health of the hair and the skin glands.
Mostly the the problem is associated with local overgrowth of saprophytic fungus and bacteria.
So you should heed on the hygiene of skin and eradication of causative infections.
Use a shampoo which is antifungal medicated for example Dandruff Plus(PIL ltd.) or any other brand having clotrimazole/selenium sulfide and read the manufacturer's guidelines about use.
Always dry the hair immediately by cotton towels to prevent recurrence.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.