Suffering from crohn's flare. Took injections of humaria. Having abdominal pain. Stool is covered in blood. Suggest remedy?

Help, I am in a crohns flare. I was told by my GI that I was two take two injections of humaria and then start on a weekly basis. He is scheduling a colonscopy and an EGD the 10th. I was having rectal bleeding at times and when I would bleed the stool would be covered and there would be blood in the water but not much rectal pain. The stool would be real soft but thin and Had the double dose of humaria on Thursday and felt great Friday not symptoms other than a little abd pain in lower left. But no bleeding. Got up Saturday feeling great, was going to work but first was planning on starting to eat but needed to go the restroom so stopped at the office first. I passed a lot of small pieces of stool but they were covered in blood and there was blood in the water and blood on wiping.
That happended twice yesterday a nd then had some small abdominal pain and nausa but blamed that on my nerves because I felt good like a regular flare.
Woke up today and my stool was full of blood but none in the water.

Is my humaria stopping or is this just a bad flare
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Doesn't appear to be flare of Crohn's

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

In crohn's disease usually blood is mixed with stool and stool is loose, that is watery. But in you stool is formed and stool surface is covered with blood and there is blood on wiping which suggest that there is fresh bleed which I think is from rectum and it is painless also so it can be hemorrhoids which is causing bleed per rectum. So it is highly advisable to get colonoscopy examination and see for source of bleed. If hemorrhoids are there they can be banded. Humaria can be stopped once the source of bleeding is identified in rectum only, I mean to say it may not be even flare as I mentioned above

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Suffering from crohn's flare. Took injections of humaria. Having abdominal pain. Stool is covered in blood. Suggest remedy? 17 hours later
The blood in not on the outside of the stool but in it. Also, remmeber before I took the two doses of Humaria I was having abdominal pain and nausa and urgency and looose bowel movements this was just after getting an injection about 8 days before.

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Resistance to Humaria did not occur so soon

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry I misunderstood it. Then it suggest it's a bad flare only since resistance to Humaria did not occur so soon