Suffering from constipation and stool stiffening. Noticed external lump outside anus. Can this be piles?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
I am 29years old,with no significant health problems. RecentlyI have been suffering from constipation and stool stiffening, which occurs sometimes and goes away without medication. From the past 5 days, I have noticed the emergence of a very small external lump/polyp or fibroid like outgrowth just at the opening of my Anus. It does not cause any problem in excreting, it is totally painless. But this has been a cause of worry since. I do not want any surgical intervention, can this be an early stage of Piles? Can this be cured with medicine ( taken orally) if yes please prescribe or suggest a quick remedy and prevention.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Take psylllium fibres and tablet sitcomforte Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). Yes you are right it may be piles as you are constipated and it is painless. For confirmation of diagnosis just undergo anoscopy which is a very simple, painless and outdoor procedure during which your anus will be examined. For treatment you have to keep your stool soft and avoid constipation with psyllium fibres, also take lots of fruits and vegetables and lots of liquid in your diet. Take a tablet sitcomforte which I found very useful in my patients with piles I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.

Follow-up: Suffering from constipation and stool stiffening. Noticed external lump outside anus. Can this be piles? 11 minutes later
Thanks for your reply Dr. XXXXXXX please suggest the complete dosage of psylllium fibres and tablet sitcomforte. What time should it be taken, dosage and whether in empty stomach or not. I will also consult a Doctor and get an anoscopy done. Thank you

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! You may start with two teaspoon of psyllium fibres dissolved in one glass of water at hour of sleep. Continue for three days if stool don't become soft then increase the dose and vice versa. i mean to say you have to titrate the dose accordingly to the consistency of stool. Tablet sitcomforte is to be taken once in a day any time.

Follow-up: Suffering from constipation and stool stiffening. Noticed external lump outside anus. Can this be piles? 1 minute later
Thanks Doctor, I appreciate your speedy response!

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Most welcome Detailed Answer: Most welcome. If you don't have any further query then please close the discussion and rate the answer