Suffering from cold, cough, warm body and loss of energy. How to get relief?

ENT Specialist
i am getting cough and cold every month. my body get warm easily. even if a day i can't get sleep for 9 hours i got cold. Just always feel low on energy
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for posting the query

Recurrent attack of cold and cough could be due to either 'low immunity levels' in the body or 'allergic rhinitis'.

Low immunity levels in the body is one of the cause for recurrent fever. Similarly, recurrent allergic episodes as in allergic rhinitis can give rise to the above symptoms.

Do not worry! This is one of the common ENT problems encountered by many individuals.

My suggestions to you are:
1. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, these are the XXXXXXX source of vitamins which boosts your immunity and prevent these types of attacks in the future. Also, try to consume protein XXXXXXX foods such as pulses and meat.

2. When you are having an attack of cold, use saline nasal spray followed by steam inhalation. This helps in reducing the nasal congestion and the cough. During an attack of URTI drink plenty of warm water.

3. Avoid exposure to allergens (dust, pollen, smoke, etc.).

4. Avoid sleeping under the fan or in front of the air conditioner.

5. Change the pillow cover every night before going to sleep. This will reduce your allergen exposure by half.

6. Finally, when exposed to dust or smoke cover your nose with a clean handkerchief.

Hope with these measures you should be alright. Please revert back to me if you have any further queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon