Suffering from cold and fever. Suggest medicines without side effects?

Jan 2013

I am suffering from severe cold, and little high temperature. I have taken a couple of generic pills such as Dcold for cold, Feverex for high temperature. But I dont see any improvement. I have a running nose continuously. Could you please suggest me better medicines which may not have any side effects
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 37 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptoms, there appears to high possibility of acute viral upper Presence of inflammation in defined region, cold, running nose suggests the diagnosis.
Viral infection generally persist for 3-5 days and self remitting in nature.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ ENT surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and chest x XXXXXXX on preliminary basis.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you should also take complete antibiotic therapy, decongestants, cough suppressants and antipyretics.
You should also perform gargles three times in a day; a glass of lukewarm water with a pinch of salt.
Avoid cold drinks, oily food and yogurt and juices.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava