Suffering from chronic prostatitis. Noticed erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Any advice?

I am 29 M married, I have dignosed from chronic prostatitis from last four years. Earlier I went for all the test and antibitotic doses based on these. Like Urine, Urine culture, Semen Culture etc. but no significant bacteria present in the report, ultimately prescribed FLOTRAl, but no significant improvement yet. Now from the last six months this is causing trouble in my sexual performance causing ED some time and premature ejaculation. Please advise whether it is curable as I have seen that there is no permanent cure from non bactrial chronic prostatitis. please help me out
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I can understand the nature of the disease - chronic non bacterial prostatitis and your suffering.
Having said that, though cure may be difficult, it can be managed with minor lifestyle changes.

ED and PME are pretty much treatable.

ED management

1. Early dinner with less rice at night.
2. stomach to be empty at bed time ( it takes 3 hrs for stomach to empty and so dinner to be planned well)
3. Prolonged foreplay.
4. Erection enhancing medicines if the above do not work. Once you get the confidence back, the medicines can be stopped.

1. Stop and start technique - where the act is stopped with the penis inside the vagina, mind distracted and restarted.
2. Taking out the penis and penetrating again after a few seconds.
3. Lignocaine jelly to be applied over the head of the penis just before entry(after full erection)
4. Medicines are available to postpone ejaculation.
A consultation with a urologist is mandatory for physical examination and a prescription.

Follow-up: Suffering from chronic prostatitis. Noticed erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Any advice? 12 hours later
Sir medicak science has made so much progress but is it so difficult to cure prostatitis? I also want to know whether prolongness of this disease will cause any side effect like any nerve damage, infertility, impotency etc. I also want to know that whether any alternative medicine has cure for this possible.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 33 minutes later

Welcome BACK.

Medical science has progressed but not to the extent to cure all diseases, in which case man becomes immortal, which is impossible.
I understand your problem but unfortunately, all diseases do not have a cure.
One must be happy that at least, it is manageable and does not lead to the problems you have mentioned.
Alternative therapy can be tried, but i do not have personal experience with that as, i practice only English medicine.

Follow-up: Suffering from chronic prostatitis. Noticed erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Any advice? 3 hours later
I have seen in the internet that there is two other convenetional methods also available for this 1. Urothroscopy to burn the problamatic tisuue by mild heating rays and 2. Injecting antibiotic directly into the prostate. are they medically approved methods and will it be safe and useful? Also can the prostate massage be useful for this condition. Whether any self massaging tool availble for the same. Thanks for your prompt replies.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 40 minutes later

Welcome back.

The way you write, looks like you have a positive approach and this itself will go a long way to cure or manage your problem.

Things that would help manage prostatitis are

1.     Keeping bowels smooth.
2.     Frequent sex/ masturbation 2 to 3 times a week.
3.     Muscle relaxants.
4.     Mild anti- anxiety agents at bed time.
5.     Prostatic massage needs to be done by medical personnel and to my knowledge, no device is available, at least in india.
6.     Endoscopy to burn the area is not an accepted treatment for prostatitis.

Try to follow the above methods and get well soon.

Wishing you good health